Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just another Day in Paradise

  This was at La Jolla beach where the seals just come up like once a year to have babies and 'hang out in the sun'! Can ya blame them? 

We went to San Diego again last week because it was the kickoff to Jason's second year of his masters program.  He had to be there in school for a few days and so we left on Friday, and traveled straight there, then came home the following Saturday! So it was wonderful, as usual.  Although, I'm slowing realizing that sometimes vacations  with children aren't necessarily a VACATION or my definition of vacation! haha.  Gracie woke up every morning by 6 a.m. ready to go! It's only one hour time difference but she never got used to it! My definition of vacation is getting to SLEEP in!  No, really it was such a great time, and I'm not complaining!! I'd rather wake up at 5:45 THERE, with sunshine and birds singing, then 7 o'clock here with SNOW and the wind blowing! 

      It was great and we enjoyed the visit with my Grandad and Uncle Mark.  We played the game SEQUENCE almost EVERY night! IT's a great game! They loved it. The best part of the trip was getting to spend quality time with my Mom! She came along and it was great to spend time together ! I just loved being able to visit with her while we cooked dinner (well, while SHE cooked dinner, I pretended to help). I would ask questions about her growing up and parenting, her conversion, it was just so nice and I hope to share more times like that together. She's awesome and I love her a lot! 

0 comments: