Friday, May 8, 2009

Three DAYS and ....

NO ACCIDENTS YET!!! WAHOOO! 


      So I thought I'd give a quick potty update! Now that I actually feel better about this whole thing.  If  you asked me a few days ago, I wouldn't have been so positive.  It's funny how you experience with this little ones NEW THINGS... potty training is new for them and for ME! I'm learning right along side of her as she grows up and does all these new things.  Oh the fun joys!!
     So I took the advice from all ya'll about going COLD TURKEY and NOT LOOKING BACK! I was SUPER scared!  It is a scary thing to throw the diapers away and say, OK... we're doing this thing! It's a lot like when I went cliff jumping at Lake Powell and as I was running towards the end of the cliff and knowing it's gonna be TOO late to turn back now as I leapt off the edge... yea, it's a lot like that.  I consider this potty training thing SCARIER! 
     She had a day or two of a few accidents (usually when she was doing something fun and didn't want to stop and go to the bathroom).  She had a few breakdowns and decided she'd RATHER go back to diapers and cried for an hour or so for her diapers again.  It was hard not to CRY with her and say, I KNOW girlfriend, I want DIAPERS BACK TOO!!! :-)  But I was strong and kept with it!! PERSEVERANCE right? Now patience on the other hand... I think I was in the BACK of the line when they were handing out that quality in heaven... So I'm still trying to find it... somewhere. 
     ANYWOO... thanks for all your awesome advice! 

This week has been full of:
*staring at my cute little Jade's eyes forEVER as she sat on the toilet.  
*Making up songs that have to do with potty stuff while she's sitting....
*sitting on the toilet.... and waiting...... and waiting....
*waiting.... and waiting.....
*did I say WAITING.....
*Telling princess stories while we're waiting....
*BRIBES... lots of those!
*ASKING "do you need to go potty"? Are your panties dry?  ... oh about every 5 minutes!
*REJOICING when she goes!!!
*Dealing with minor breakdowns and power struggles
*Washing princess panties-my goodness what did parents EVER do without princesses???
*NOTICING bathrooms for the first TIME at EVERY store I go to now. 

1 comments:

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

LOL! Can't stop laughing! EM! HURRAY for you and for Jade! Yeah, cold turkey . . . easy to say right? Did you just stay home and hang out on the tile floors for a few days?!?! I would love to do it, but . . . ahh no real excuses I guess. Oh bother, okay, here it goes.
LOVE YOU!