Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ODE to ChOcOlaTe~


Dearest Chocolate,

          It's breaking my heart that we can't be friends.
          With each neighbor gift, it's chocolate they send!
  Don't you know, that I am TRYING hard to resist
          Are you mad, that you're not on my christmas list?
You would be, you know that don't you?
Breastfeeding little babies... OH the things we DO! 
Perhaps sometime SOON her tummy won't mind,
AND THEN I WILL EAT ALL THE CHOCOLATE I CAN FIND!!

DISCLAIMER:  So that's my poem I thought of at 3 AM last night as I walked back and forth trying to work out Grace's gassy tummy! I saw these cookies staring at me yesterday afternoon, and I thought, "maybe her sensitivity has gone away."...  I tried ONE chocolate cookie yesterday and I paid for it! No more... 

         

4 comments:

motivated said...

That's a great poem! I can't come up with ones that good even when I'm wide awake!

Chelsea said...

Zoey is the same way! Why chocolate?!? it's the hardest thing to resist! At least I am not alone....thanks for the humor!

Amy said...

That is too funny! I love it because it is so true!

Hugh Family said...

I can't believe how creative you are! and whats more amazing is how creative you can be at 3am?!

I got your address, thanks! You should be receiving a suprise in the mail any day now.