Friday, August 21, 2009

There are angels among us!

*It's just THE SMALL and SIMPLE THINGs...*
So... I had a NOT SO great weekend last week and it kinda just carried over until the beginning of this week. To add to it, we took Jade's pacifier away (after 3 years) and it was very hard not to give in, but we didn't. She had a ROUGH time for several nights and is SLOWLY getting better. Nothing terrible happened, but just a few disappointments after another, and I was feeling a little down! So I haven't been the CHEERIEST this week.
I was having a rough time one morning and had to run some errands and was at the grocery store with the girls. It was time for lunch so they weren't the perfect little angels by this time of day... I was hurrying through the store trying to grab what I needed, trying to stop myself from continually saying, "Jade...stop....be good... put that down...sit down in the cart.... don't do that....etc. etc. etc. I was NOT feeling it, and feeling yucky in general. I hadn't showered that morning and I hadn't even put on makeup or anything. I was turned around trying to remember what item I needed next, when I felt this little tap on my shoulder and turned around to see this sweet old woman. She smiled at me and said, "I just want to tell you that you have a BEAUTIFUL family and you are a BEAUTIFUL mom."
What? Are you serious? Has she seen me running through this store all frazzled and crazy? I thanked her and turned around walked towards the checkout.
I realized that sometimes Heavenly Father sends angels to cheer us up when we are feeling down, or to say these simple words that helped me make it through that day and BE GRATEFUL and realize , "YES, I DO have such a wonderful family, and I'm so darn lucky to be their mommy."
Really, that's all. I wonder if that sweet old woman knew how much her words helped me that day. I sure felt Heavenly Fathers love for me.... and that's why I knew that it wasn't on accident or by coincidence!
*HAVE A FABULOUS DAY*

3 comments:

BJandGayle said...

Em you made me cry. I totally agree there are angels among us. Isn't great to experience it. I don't think you realize you are one of those angels. I'm sorry you had a bad week. I hate that. We are starting to toy with the idea of taking Brooklyn's bink away. YIKES!!! I think it is harder for the parents then the little one. Glad you made it. You deserve a big GOOD JOB!! and a treat :) Hope you have a better week this week. Love Ya Em!!

Lolo said...

That is sweet. I am glad you posted it. I have those days too, and it's totally true that little things pick you up. You know, you totally deserved that though. I know you have been that "angel" for others too. You seriously were one for me in college! Love you girl!

Jamie said...

What a sweet story. Though I couldn't agree more-you do have a beautiful family!