Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Much needed Winter GeTaWaY

Can I just say, I LOVE SAN DIEGO! Can I also just say, that ALL those people who live there are completely, and utterly SPOILED!! It rained for two days and there was a 'breaking news alert' on the T.V.  People were freaking out and getting out sand bags and there were accidents all over the freeway.  The weatherman actually got to say something other than, "sunny with a chance of a cloud, high of 75".  I didn't even know if they had that in their vocabulary! It was quite humorous! They all survived and luckily it turned nicer (which is relative, coming from SNOW).  Seriously though, it is my most favorite place! The shopping, the weather, the swap meets (i'm addicted, that's a whole other post), the food, the diversity, the trees/greenery, the beach, the sunsets, and the things to DO!! We had a blast! We went down for Jason's Master's program (he finished his first year) and my mom came with us.  We visited with Grandad, my Uncle Mark and Pam.  We just hung out and enjoyed being together with no work! It was great! 

Look how BIG she is?? She's the cutest little chunk ever! She's only almost 8 months and will soon be bigger than Jade! 
My wonderful mom watched the girls for us while we attended an awards dinner for Jason for his Master's program.  He finished the FIRST YEAR!!! YEAH!!!  (that was the reason for the trip after all).  
This is us after the dinner at the University of San Diego beautiful campus!! It's gorgeous! 
Funny story:  So JAde is obsessed with princesses and such... and kept asking us where Ariel lives.  So we told her she lives at the beach, in the ocean.  One beautiful day we took a walk with my mom up and down the path at Mission beach (i swear we walked for miles) and coveted ALL those beautiful beach homes that would be HEAVEN to live in... anyway and we came upon this statue outside one of the homes, and JAde about DIED!  It was ARIEL!!  See, Mommy didn't lie! She DOES live at the beach! Oh i love how kids are sooo easily entertained and sooo easily excited!! :-)

3 comments:

Hugh Family said...

congrats to Jason!! and what a fun getaway!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

So fun you guys! I love San Diego too! That sounds like such a great get-a-way! Congrats Jason! I would be happy to share decorating fun...but I have no doubt your house is amazing! Mine is always a work in progress, I am never satisfied with where it's at...I just have to keep working on "just one more project..."! :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Hey! We were just there too! Legoland aquarium and everything! Isn't it so wondnerful there?!? Glad you had a great time.